Wednesday, January 20, 2010

...and finally dealing with water problems

All year, we three guys in Casa Blanca sort of half-smirked as we heard of problem after problem in other houses throughout the first half of the year.

Let me make it clear: Casa Blanca is a sweet house. Centralized location in relation to everybody else, good size, large kitchen, and apart from a toilet that consistently leaks into the bowl, fully functioning everything. Sure, we aren't the biggest of houses, but then, we only have three people. We are the closest house to the grocery store, second closest to local dining favorite Tacos y Mas, quickest access to the taxi stops.

Other houses have termites or ants (or cats fighting on their roof, or people running across their roof at night(?)), are just ridiculously far from everything but school, which we hardly have to walk to anyway, have had issues with their water tanks malfunctioning and leaving them only with water on the three or four days a week that city water is available, or any combination thereof. We Casa Blancans simply lived our lives of convenience, never worrying about water for showers or laundry, never sweeping termite dust off the floor, really only having to be aware of our lifestyle on the day when the cleaning lady comes. Sure, our TV conked out a few months back, but when it came to essentials, life was easy.

But no more. Two of the three days so far this week, we've found ourselves without water. Apparently our water tank is now malfunctioning as well, and I am at school unshowered. It's gross. Hopefully someone from the school will be around soon to check it out.

At least yesterday we had a brand-new TV waiting for us when we got home from school! Now I don't have to worry about the possibility of missing LOST when it starts up again on ABC Feb. 2, 8/7 Central. Boy, my LOST obsession is going to take up a bunch of my time.

On a slightly unrelated note, on Monday I inadvertently spilled a small amount of coffee on my computer keyboard. I immediately turned the computer upside down, let it drain, dabbed it up, and then one of the school tech guys brought up a vacuum cleaner and sucked (hopefully) any remaining coffee up and out of the computer. It's been working ever since and through the whole ordeal, so I think I'm in good shape, praise the Lord. I don't know what I'd do if I lost this computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment