Monday, March 15, 2010

...as a bubbling puddle of melted flesh and skin

It reached 97 degrees inside my classroom today. I finally took a thermometer so I could know EXACTLY how ungodly hot it is. Just knowing it's ungodly is not enough. I needed to know exactly. This is completely ridiculous. I was as warm as I care to be by the time I got on the bus in the morning. It was 80 degrees before 8 o'clock.

Not only is the heat unbearable, but it's fairly unreasonable to expect students to absorb lessons on allegories and dangling modifiers when they're more focused on avoiding heat stroke.

The rest of this week is all half days for quarter exams, and then there's one full week before Holy Week, which is a full week off. Once we return from Holy Week, our days will be shortened. we get out of school at 1:30, at which point today my room was only around 93 degrees. Beautiful.

I cannot function. It's simply too hot. This is awful.

1 comment: