Sunday, September 5, 2010

...falling into old habits

I'm quickly finding myself procrastinating already this year. I have a stack of grading, and although I've made a promise to have everything graded within a week of receiving it, I haven't caught up with myself at the beginning of the year to meet that promise. I have a date with that stack tonight, which certainly won't be as fun as my date last night, but it's just as necessary for me to be able to be here. I'm struggling to get my feet under myself. I have a lot more good groundwork laid this year when it comes to policies and systems, but that leaves me less wiggle room. Once I get used to that system, it should be VERY good for me. Right now I'm on the precipice of last year, which should not happen. I can be so much happier down here if I can take pride in what I do.

My new good habits are helping though. I've been doing a good amount of working out, thanks to my roommates. I'm hoping that when people see me at Christmas, there will be a visible difference :) I'm picking up my Bible much more frequently. I'm currently downloading a good number of hymns and old-timey church songs, which somehow do much more for me spiritually than anything I can get down here. I am getting to know the new teachers, which is good.

I feel basically normal. And that's miles ahead of last year. I hope I can put even more of last year behind me. Speaking of which, I have a date to get to...

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Realistic goals are key, I think. I find it really hard to set them. But I guess it takes some practice.
    Ever your cheerleader,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to be all beefed up the next I see you? That would be crazy... and it probably means that you can eat even more than you already do. Keep up the good work, friend.

    ReplyDelete