Wednesday, September 23, 2009

...to mark a pretty significant anniversary

There is so much to blog about right now. Things are ridiculous down here. I'm not even referring to things like possibility of violence or tension about what's going to happen with Mel. Curfew stuff and lifting of curfew stuff is primarily what's lending to the ridiculousity of the week, and today in particular. I will share it. I have to. But not tonight any more.

What I do want to note is that back home, it is after midnight. With that in mind, I can think of it as Sept. 24, which marks the 10-year anniversary of my mom, Gertrude Eding, finally losing her battle with colon cancer. It's been a decade. And that impels me to give this thought. I simply hope I can allot the time and energy I need to consider it amid all the confusion of junk down here. And there is plenty of junk down here. I just felt the need to mark this while I could. I'm quite confident I will have more to say on this as well.

I'm just waiting for the weekend, and two of our three school days so far this week were canceled. Life is strange.

4 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of her too, Aaron. And missing her dearly.

    -Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am missing her too, and praying for you, Aaron and Lara, and Dyann---and your Dad.
    I reminded Gramma last evening when I stopped there that yesterday it was 35 years ago that Grandpa died and tomorrow(today) it would be 10 years that Gert died. She thought there was something she had forgotten. Then she said she remembered it was 25 years after Grandpa died that your Mom had died. And it came back to her.
    She forgets a lot of stuff lately, but when I remind her, she remembers.
    She is so excited that Jeff and Lynette's little one is born.
    I have not told her about the turmoil that is Honduras these days.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention Jeff as one that I pray for. Guess I am getting like Gramma!!!!

    ReplyDelete