Monday, September 7, 2009

...when each class period begins with a ceremonial hand-washing

Swine Flu has hit Tegus again! Panic! Run for your lives! Drink as much hand sanitizer (70% alcohol at least, please) as you can lay your hands on! It will seep out of your pores and cleanse you from the inside! Stop breathing - that's when it gets inside of you! And by all means, cough and look pathetic in class so that your teachers have no choice but to send you to the doctor so he can check you out and make sure it isn't actually swine flu! Panic! Run! Don't breathe! Don't even move! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

It's just a matter of time before I start feeling lousy. Both of my roommates have come down with what seems to be a six-day cold, and plenty of other teachers have been feeling under the weather as well, at least one of which needed to call in a sub. If what I've heard is correct, a good third of the 9th grade was gone today. It's a minefield of germy-wermies, apparently, and yet I'm just as skeptical of swine flu as ever. Maybe I have no reason to fear, because I drink a lot of coffee. That's kind of like getting lots and lots of sleep, right??

I had forgotten it's Labor Day. Nonexistent down here. I hope everyone is having/had good days off.

2 comments:

  1. People are freaking out about swine flu around here too. They say the normal flu will hit like normal, and then swine flu will get just as many people on top of that... so basically double the flu 'victims.' Keep drinking that coffee. I'm convinced it's what keeps me alive... or awake and headacheless... same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Aaron, I'm here now. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete