Friday, August 14, 2009

...after a plane ride that commences in a matter of hours

15 hours, to be exact. I've had a lump in my gut all day, and much of last night. I don't think it's going to feel any better before I leave. I don't know if it will feel better even after I leave. I'll admit, not all of my agitation is strictly Honduras-related, but at any rate I am in a state.

I've reached weight limits in my checked luggage. I still have my carry-on to work with, and my "personal" item. But I have a good number of books yet to bring. It's going to be nip-and-tuck. I've investigated flat-rate boxes, so I may ship down some books or the like. We shall see.

I'm so sick of feeling pissy and whiny. Yet I find it immensely hard to work against those feelings. I wish I had more control over them.

My sister Dyann and her kids are coming over from Milwaukee this evening. I'm relieved I will get to see them before I leave.

Perhaps once I'm in Honduras I'll be able to achieve more coherence. But I'm in no coherent state right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment