Saturday, August 15, 2009

...as we speak - er, as I type

Well, I am indeed in Honduras. Have been for around 11 hours. I wanted to update this earlier today, but some issues with wireless setup and a dinner get-together poached my time and what little energy I still possessed. It's a very busy day tomorrow, but hopefully I'll be able to share some first impressions and descriptions of the trip down, especially the landing of the plane. All of you who are coming down to visit me (that's anybody reading this blog, right? Read the fine print. It's in there somewhere.) are in for a treat. I'll try to take and upload some pictures while I'm at it. But I'm here safely and have not had too much time to sulk...yet. It may be real, but I'm still not totally won over. I'm especially concerned about the period where an ordinary vacation duration would be drawing to a close, and I realize that I'm still here for 4 more months, and then 6 months after that. But I'm tired now, so there. I'm here.

2 comments:

  1. Please Ignatius, tell us about your trip to Baton Rouge riding on top of the Greyhound Scenicruiser. (Iggie, you may well rue the day you gave me this hilarious book.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aaron!

    Glad to hear you (and your clenched teeth) survived the Runway of Death. We thought of you yesterday and wondered how the trip went.
    Have you gone ziplining through the jungle yet? We're eager to here more about your first impressions! Que Dios te bendiga,
    Nate and Emily

    ReplyDelete