Monday, August 31, 2009

...punting a lesson for the first time

Well, I'm not exactly punting. But some technical difficulties regarding my smart board/more importantly, my projector have left me in a tough state for my classes tomorrow and I'm moving up a period to be spent free-writing and sharing bits from that free-write while this would have come later in the week. The fact of the matter is that I've already come to rely on the board, and since I'm doing Into Thin Air I had wanted to share a bunch of pictures of Everest and Edmund Hillary, Tenzing Norgay, and Thomas Mallory, since the part of the book students will have just read deals heavily with that. Now, thanks to the wonders of technology, I'm punting with a freewrite. Problem is, one of my classes I have for a double period in the afternoon. What shall I do about that extra period, you may ask? This is where 4 periods of prep in a day come in handy, I suppose. I'm going to bed.

4th and long.

2 comments:

  1. I can't help but think of Frank McCourt. You read Teacher Man, right? He just made stuff up as he went. Tell some stories, throw some sandwiches and you might be voted Teacher of the Year!

    ReplyDelete